I was in the mood for pasta so I whipped up a dish using what I had on hand. It turned out pretty good so I’m sharing with you. It’s simple so a beginner cook can make it, feel free to approximate everything. It’s a very did friendly dish to eat as well.
Pasta Shells Bowl
1 3/4 cup dry conchiglie (small shell pasta)
2 uncooked sausage links (I used sweet and spicy)
3/4 cup yellow, or orange bell peppers, chopped (I used 5 mini sweet peppers)
2 large shallots, diced
1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
~1 cup pasta sauce of choice (I used jarred ‘mushroom, onion, pepper’ flavor)
~1/3 cup mozzarella cheese (I chopped up a chunk but you can use shredded)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put a pot of water to boil for the pasta. Salt water before adding pasta. Cook pasta until al dente.
2. Heat nonstick pan. Remove sausage from casing and add to hot pan. Break into bite sized pieces while frying. Place a paper towel over the sausage while cooking and use to soak up fat from the pan.
3. When sausage is browned and cooked, add peppers and shallots. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and cheese. Cook until bubbly and stir to incorporate the cheese. It’s fine if the cheese doesn’t mix in completely. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix sauce with drained shells and serve immediately.