I had coconut and I wanted to make something out of it. So I made macaroons. First time I used a whole can of sweetened condensed milk!! I LOVE this stuff but never baked with it. So here you go.
It was easy. They kinda pooled a bit on the bottom but I don’t know why so I can’t help you there. Maybe I should try the recipe on the back of the coconut bag next time. It uses sugar instead of sweetened condensed milk. These cookies are a nice chew.. and of course really sweet.
14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1. Whip egg whites with mixer until soft peaks form. Add salt and extracts and mix.
2. In another bowl, mix the coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
4. Drop golf ball sized pieces of “dough” onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 325F for 25-30 minutes or until bottoms and tops are lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.