My roomie went apple picking recently so we had tons of apples! I stole two and made these absolutely delicious apple cinnamon muffins. So good I can eat them for breakfast AND dessert. The recipe was very easy too. You must try these, they taste really good and look nice too so go impress your friends.
Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
(Adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and chopped
Topping: (I kinda randomly mixed unknown amounts up)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease twelve muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Stir together dry ingredients. Mix in wet ingredients. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, stir together topping and sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.